Here are the most important figures to remember from the meeting between Lille and Metz.
2/20. Lille have only lost 2 of their last 20 matches against Metz in Ligue 1 (12 wins, 6 draws), it was during the 2016/17 season (2-3 away on 13 August 2016 and 0-2 at home on 6 May 2017).
6. Lille are undefeated in their last 6 meetings in Ligue 1 (5 wins, 1 draw), their best row in top flight since March-May 2019 (8).
4/7. Metz have lost 4 of their last 7 Ligue 1 matches (2 wins, 1 draw), which is as much as in their previous 17 (5 wins, 8 draws).
10/17. No team has kept clean sheets at home as often as Lille since the beginning of last season in Ligue 1 (10 times in 17 games).
0. Metz did not shoot a single shot in the second half against Lille today – their worst total in a second act since January 2017 against Montpellier.
0. Metz remained silent during its first two meetings in a Ligue 1 season for the first time since 1998-1999.
19. Luiz Araújo scored his first goal in Ligue 1 since September 2019 against Nice. He stayed on for 19 matches without finding the net in the top flight. Since his debut in L1 2017-2018, he is the Lille player who scored the most goals from the bench (4).
7. Metz is the team that Lille coach Christophe Galtier has most often met without ever losing as a coach in Ligue 1 (7 matches – 4 wins, 3 draws).