Prime Minister Roble opposes extension
Mogadishu -(Jowhar.com) Prime Minister Roble has announced his position on the extension and has spoken out against it. Prime Minister Roble said the country would go to the polls and implement the Sep 17 agreement.
In the name of God,
Considering the difficult circumstances in the country and the need for an immediate solution to the complex electoral issues.
After extensive consultations with various segments of Somali society.
1- I reiterate my sorrow over the recent violence in Mogadishu and its tragic consequences, which have resulted in the displacement of many poor people.
2- I welcome the communiqué issued by the two states of Hir Shabelle and Galmudug. I call on the states of Puntland, Jubaland, Southwest and Benadir to take part in the peace process and to accelerate free and fair elections.
3- According to my government’s program that I read before the Parliament, I am ready to implement the elections agreed on 17 September 2020 in the country.
4. I call on all stakeholders in the country’s elections to be prepared for the country’s elections and to stop any activities that could jeopardize the country’s elections and stability.
5. I urge the Armed Forces to fulfill their constitutional duties and ensure security. In particular, I urge the commanders of the armed forces to return to their bases.
6. I call on the opposition politicians to stop the acts and activities that are creating the conflict, and they should stay in their homes and private places.
7. The role of the international community is important, and I urge them to continue to support the people and government of Somalia.
8. I call on the Somali people in general to support us in our efforts to bring peace and stability to the country and to hold peaceful elections in the country.